One of the fundamental guideline while choosing a platform for an online store is the possibility of its subsequent positioning. This fact ofter decides about the subsequent success or failure of the future business. Magento platform is almost perfect in this respect.
The above fact is affected by at least a few important factors:
– dynamically determined H1 page titles on each page,
– flexible URL rewriting options,
– possibility to configure meta tags for product pages, categories, and static pages,
– automatically generated page map for Google,
– unique URLs for each product,
– the ability to enable the return path (breadcrumbs),
– the ability to create links with the title attribute,
– the ability to define your own error page,
– the ability to set the website address with or without www,
– the ability to tag individual products also by store customers.
These features make Magento a platform frequently recommended by positioning firms. The greatest threat to website positioning is incorrect optimization of the store during its implementation, and even worse, the developer does not disable the functions used during the development mode. Due to the lack of knowledge of programmers about the platform itself, a common opinion emerged that a dedicated server is necessary for efficient operation, but it is true that a smaller store with 10 or 20,000 products can run very smoothly on a slightly more expensive virtual hosting account, provided that script optimization is done correctly at the implementation stage.